|Step One: Root-beer and seasoning!|
in everything and eat it on its own for a quick lunch (
We did not buy a jumbo pack for this experiment, one family pack of boneless skinless chicken thighs made a of shredded chicken for two hungry adults. We used chicken thighs because they are cheaper than chicken breasts and hold the flavour better than chicken breasts.
This recipe is basically the same as pulled pork, we just switched up the meat and times.
-Seasonings (we used paprika, chilli powder, pepper, chilli flakes)
-One package of chicken thighs
1. Place chicken thighs in slow-cooker set on low heat.
2. Pour root-beer over chicken.
3. Spice to taste.
4. Stir/flip chicken every 2 hours (not really necessary, if you are leaving it overnight)
5. After 7 to 8 hours drain the leftover liquid from the crock-pot.
6. Pull apart chicken.
7. Season and sauce to taste.
-Depending on what taste you are going for you can use different sauces. We have used everything from 0 carb sweet Hawaiian sauces to salsa. You can mix it up, I tend to use chipotle sauce and Kraft low cal barbecue sauce.
|It is pretty hard to make pulled chicken look pretty.|
But, damn it is tasty.