Friday, May 24, 2013

Flatouts: Making A Packed Lunch Possible Again!

As you may have read I started my keto life in Calgary, Alberta. It was a big change when I moved back to Halifax, Nova Scotia four months later. I had shed some serious pounds and was fully committed to my new low-carb life.

There was one tiny problem... I had gotten used to having some special products found at diabetic resource stores that I could not buy in Nova Scotia. One of those things was super high fibre tortilla bread.

But, after being back on the east coast for about eight months I discovered Flatout's "Foldit"at my small town grocery store. I was THRILLED.

Not only do they taste great, they are loaded with fibre!

Finally, I could have the sandwiches again. Not that I missed them that badly (once and a while the odd clubhouse craving will spark but that is about it). My real problem was packing lunches for internship and school. Everyday I would fuss over leftovers (if there were any left from the night before) or have to buy lunch (costly when you make $0).

I am so excited to have Flatout products in my life. They still have some carbs, but they keep me under my 20g a day limit. I have found them in both Nova Scotia and in supermarkets in Alberta (yes, I am back in Calgary now).

The entire line available in Canada and one of my favourite uses, mini pizzas! 


For more information about Flatouts including where you can find them visit www.flatoutbread.com!