Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Faux Apple Pie

This is a little different than anything I have ever posted before.

I am a MASSIVE apple fan, it is my weakness whenever we go out for supper and I see an apple dessert on the menu I falter.

Not anymore. This is not the best thing for your diet, but its a heck of a lot better than jumping the wagon completely.

This is a tad different than anything I have ever posted before because it's not really a recipe, it is my guilty pleasure.

I never post anything using sugar-free flavour syrups, this is different. This is the quick and easy version of this treat. You can cut a few carbs out of the whip topping by making whip cream yourself. But, this is what I have been doing because my schedule is so busy.

Seriously, this takes about 5 minutes to throw together and will save you countless carbs if you are like me and love apple (or any dessert). You can do this with pretty much any Questbar, just treat them like pie!


Ingredients
1 Apple Pie QuestBar
2 Tablespoons of Whip Cream
1 Pump of Sugar Free Caramel Syrup

Procedure
1. Warm your QuestBar in the microwave for around 30 seconds.
2. Mix one pump of caramel syrup with whipped topping (if you are using genuine whipped cream or ice cream you may not need to do this).
3. Scoop two tablespoons of whipped topping onto QuestBar.

Nutritional Information per full dessert
Calories 192.5
Fat 6.5g
Total Carb  26.5g
Dietary Fibre 18g
Sugar 4.5g
Protein 20.1g