We make these bad boys all the time, they are so easy and quick to make. Perfect for after work or a quick lunch. We usually cut up chicken breasts into strips but you can also use pre-cut chicken from your grocer too (this tends to be more expensive). We like them to be a little spicy, so we add a teaspoon of chili powder to the mix, if you are making this for children you may want to nix that part of the recipe.
When we started making these chicken strips we would give them an egg bath, but we have actually found that it doesn't help breading them and that it is just as easy to dip them in almond flour.
2 Chicken Breasts
2/3 Cup of Almond Flour
1 Teaspoon of Chili Powder (optional)
Salt & Pepper to Taste
1. Cut chicken into strips or bites, whatever size you would like.
2. Heat coconut oil in a pan on medium heat.
3. Mix almond flour and seasoning in a medium bowl.
4. Press both sides of each chicken strip in the dry mixture.
5. Fry in coconut oil until full cooked inside and golden on the outside.
These are great with pretty much any dipping sauce!
Nutritional Information (per serving, makes two servings):